Thank you all!
Several years ago I gave a presentation that I concluded with the G.B. Stern quote, “Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.” I used it because I thought it was clever. I thought it was a unique way to end a presentation instead of the customary way of saying “thank you.” Since then, every presentation I have every given ends with that statement. Again, I thought it was stylistically interesting. Today, the day after Thanksgiving (for you international readers, this is the American holiday that is meant to remind us to stop and appreciate what we have and our good fortunes) I am reminded again of this quote. After nearly 480 Morsels, I feel like I should take a moment and express my sincere gratitude!
- I am incredibly grateful for you all!
- Thank you for enjoying the Ped EM Morsels!
- Thank you for being invested in improving the care of children everywhere!
- Thank you for spreading the word about the Ped EM Morsels and inviting others to join in the fun.
- If you want others to join – have them send their preferred email address to email@example.com.
- I am especially grateful for my residents, fellows, and colleagues at Carolinas Medical Center!
- They inspire and encourage me on a daily basis!
- They also help me manage and run EMGuideWire.com (if you don’t subscribe and listen… please consider it).
- I am thankful for my patients!
- They entrust me with their families’ health.
- They allow me to do the only thing I’m kinda good at.
- I am most appreciate of my wife and family!
- Let’s be honest… only a saint would put up with me… and my quasi-obsession (publishing weekly Morsels).
- and… on that note… it is time for me to get off the computer.
Moral of the Morsel
- Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone. Don’t keep your appreciation to yourself. Let others know how they positively affect you and your life!